Monday, February 25, 2008

An Inventory of My Boredom

So I've moved to the Windy City with big dreams, just on a whim. No job, no friends, just me in the middle of beautiful Tinseltown, with so much I can do.

So what am I doing? Er ... well ... let's look at my Friday:
  • Batman Returns
  • The Rules of Attraction
  • Five episodes of Seinfeld
  • Five episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • Three episodes of The Office
  • One two-hour episode of Northern Exposure
  • One episode of Friends
  • One episode of Saved by the Bell
  • One episode of Sex in the City (shut up)
  • One episode of Will & Grace (shut up more)
Okay I don't think I can do this again. I'm walking around acting like Larry David, and believe me, that's no way to make new friends. I even ate five meals. Five. I think I was only hungry for one of them. Only out of boredom did I eat five!

Oh god please I need to think of what to do with my time, all the while not spending much money. And "find a hobby" isn't really advice. Either give me a hobby or a way to find one!

4 comments:

Leilani! said...

get a library card (it should be free) and check out books! and read these books in cafes without buying anything. (this is excuseable in open eye, i dunno how it could be in philly, though) write more letters to prisoners! hang out with lorenzo!

Forrest O. said...

My new hobby is jala neti, nasal irrigation. Doesn't require any money, you can use any old water bottle with a mouthpiece.

Leilani! said...

hey, i have another idea, edit my letter of intent to work in a hospital in the philippines! want me to email it to ya?

Brett A. Bumgarner said...

well Leilani, I'm sure you'll be glad to know that, even before seeing this comment, I got a library card, checked out "The Language Instinct" by Steven Pinker, and bumped into Lorenzo, who is now sitting right next to me. E-mail me the letter!

I'll look into jala neti, as I'm always so congested ...